BECOMING A PATIENT
I love when people make it to this page on the website because it means that you are ready to step into a healthier you!
Here we will cover how we can work together to get you there!
How I practice?
When it comes down to it, there are just a few things that are important to know about me, and how I practice.
Number one, I am not a dogmatic practitioner, I do not believe that there is only one way to achieve your goals. The best way to start feeling better is by actually implementing the recommendations that I make, shocking, I know! My goal is to always work with you to ensure that the recommendations I make are based on science, but also fit into your life and budget.
Number two, I believe that in many cases testing can save time and money! Given that I work with many chronic, and complex cases the ‘guess and check’ method has often been explored ad nauseum. In these and other cases it is often some very simple test results that can direct treatment. You will be given information about what testing is indicated in your case and can make an educated decision about what, if any testing, is best for you.
Number three, it is likely that supplements alone will not get you the best results. It is easy to take supplements and to find time to add them into your routine. The hard part is finding time for diet changes, movement and stress reduction. These lifestyle changes do NOT have to be overwhelming or time sucking. We will work together to come up with a plan that allows you to get the most bang for your buck, and to reach your short and long term health goals!
Above all, my protocols are straightforward, thoroughly explained and approachable for any budget or lifestyle.
The First Appointment
Initial appointments are most often 90 minutes, 2 hrs in specific complex cases. During this appointment we will be taking a deep dive into your current symptoms but also exploring other areas of your health. Even if you just have skin issues, your gut, hormones and immune system may be causing it. It is important for me to look at the whole picture so that I can customize your treatment to your specific experience with the symptoms.
During this visit we will also complete a basic physical exam, and do a variety of in office testing, see below. In most cases you will receive an introductory plan that will be further customized in follow up appointments based on any additional lab work. Protocols include supplement and botanical recommendations, clinical nutrition and lifestyle plans and also applicable testing.
What to bring to your first appointment
- First and foremost, please take the time to fill out the online patient intake forms prior to your appointment. You will receive log-in information after you book your appointment.
- A list of your currently supplements and medication, with dosages and brands. You can simply bring the bottles as well!
- Laboratory testing that has been completed by your medical doctor or other Naturopath. Anything within the last 2 calendar years is relevant.
- A list of what you have already implemented in an effort to improve your current symptoms. There is no use retrying something if it has already been done!
This testing is included in the price of your initial visit. These are completed based on your individual case and could include:
- Urinalysis – pH, glucose, leukocytes, protein, specific gravity, ketones, urobilinogen, bilirubin, nitrite, blood
- Urine adrenal function test
- Urine pregnancy hormone test
- Blood pressure
- Blood sugar
- Body impedance analysis- measuring your fat mass, muscle mass, total body hydration and provide markers of inflammation and toxicity